(6) Check that the knob is secure on shaft
and will not slip under normal torque.
loose from center of the
(1) Pry the cap
(7) Press the red cap firmly back into the
using a small knife blade.
center of the knob.
(2) Using a medium blade screwdriver, turn
the screw in the center of the knob
clockwise until knob is free.
The exterior surface of the voltmeter should be
cleaned periodically with a soft lint free cloth
(3) Remove the knob from the shaft.
d a m p e n e d with a solution of mild detergent
the interior surfaces, first remove dust with dry
low pressure compressed air; then clean the
To install a replacement knob perform the fol-
switch contacts and component terminals with a
(4) Position the new knob on the shift so
that it is oriented correctly with the front panel.
The voltmeter should be checked for correct
operation after any maintenance is performed.
(5) Using a medium blade screwdriver,
3-5. Satisfactory completion
of these tests in-
tighten the screw in the center of the knob by
sure that the voltmeter is ready for operation.
turing the screw clockwise. Do not overtighten.