(a) Probe storage compartment.
a. Handle Assembly. Install handle assem-
(b) Deck assembly compartment.
bly as follows:
(c) Cable storage compartment.
(1) Place pivot sockets (4) on han-
(5) Secure all latches and fasteners
(2) Position handle assembly on test-
securely and provide an airtight seal for each com-
er by springing handle (1) over bolts (3).
partment using pressure sensitive tape (item 13,
(3) Install wing nuts (2) on bolts
all attaching hardware.
b. Support Post. Install support post (23)
(6) Store tester in a dry warehouse
or other area protected against weather and ex-
(1) Place support post (23) in posi-
tremes of temperature and humidity. Position
tion on bottom of base assembly (31).
handle of tester over front of tester to conserve
(2) Attach support post (23) to base
space and place tester on blocks.
assembly (31) using screws (24) and locknuts
c. Wheel Mounts. Install wheel mounts
(28) as follows:
If suitable storage facili-
(1) Place wheel mounts (28) in po-
ties are not available,
sition on bottom of base assembly (31).
prepare tester as for ship-
(2) Attach wheel mounts (28) to
base assembly (31) using screws (29) and lock-
store under suitable cover.
d. Wheels. Install wheels (26) as fol-
4-7. In Storage Inspection and Maintenance.
a. Inspect tester externally for signs of
(1) Place wheels (26) in position on
wheel mounts (28).
(2) Secure wheels (26) on wheel
b. Open tester monthly and inspect hu-
mounts (28) using retaining rings (27).
midity indicators. Replace desiccant bags if indi-
4-5. Preparation for Storage.
4-8. Preparation for Reshipment.
tions for the limited storage of equipment and
The exact methods by which the tester is
inspection of equipment in storage.
prepared may vary, but the instructions outlined
in this section may be applied to any general
preparation of equipment for domestic shipment.
The following method requires no disassembly
of the tester.
(1) Perform operational preventive
Prepare the tester for reshipment in ac-
(2) Perform organizational preven-
cordance with the following instructions:
a. Remove all foreign matter from tester
(3) Make sure all cables and acces-
and its accessories using dry cleaning solvent
sories are present and in good condition.
solvent to come in contact with electrical
(1) Correct any deficiencies noted in
and (2) above.
(2) Touch up painted surfaces in ac-
prepared and used for more stability within the
cordance with TM 43-0139.
(3) Properly stow all accessories in
c. When step b above is used, strap the
probe and cable storage compartments.
tester to the pallet with strapping material. Four
holes are provided in pallet.
(4) Place four fresh bags of desiccant
d. Preserve, wrap, and crate tester as de-
scribed in method IIb of Military Specification