DIRECT SUPPORT AND GENERAL SUPPORT
Section I. PREPARATION FOR MAINTENANCE, STORAGE,
4-3. Inspection and Servicing.
This section provides a description of the
(1) Inspect exterior of tester for con-
inspections, servicing, and preparations necessary
dition of paint, evidence of corrosion, cracks, and
before the tester is placed in operation. When
a new or reconditioned tester is received, main-
(2) Inspect instrument copartment
tenance personnel must determine if the tester is
(fig. 2-1) for legibility
of markings and security.
in condition to perform any mission within its
intended capabilities. The failure to perform the
(3) Inspect insulation check meter
initial inspections and servicing will affect the
for cracked lens and security in instrument com-
future operation of the tester. For this reason, it
is necessary to adhere closely to the following
(4) Inspect for broken or otherwise
4-2. Unloading and Unpacking Equipment.
(5) Insure that instruction plate,
nameplate, and wiring diagram plate are legible
and properly secured.
(1) Remove chock blocks and/or
lines which secure tester to its carrier.
(6) Inspect heater probes (2, fig. 3-
(2) Using a fork lift or suitable
hoist, carefully lower tester onto a suitable
in probe storage compartment (3).
(7) Visually inspect wheels for
b. Unpacking. (Figure 3-1)
breaks, deep cuts, and other defects.
(1) Remove tester from packing
(8) Ascertain that all cables, switch
box, junction box, and adapters have been
(2) Remove all barrier material and
shipped with tester and are stowed in cable stor-
tape from tester.
(3) Unlatch and open door (16) of
cable storage compartment. Remove any packing
(1) Clean tester, components, and ac-
material from inside cable storage compartment
cessories with dry cleaning solvent (item 1, table
and properly stow cables. Close and latch door.
(4) Unlatch and raise lid (5) of
(2) Lubricate tester as outlined in
probe storage compartment (14). Remove any
packing material from inside probe storage com-
partment and properly stow heater probes. Lower
4-4 Installation of Separately Packed
and latch lid.
(5) Unlatch and raise probe storage
compartment. Remove any packing material from
If the handle assembly, support post,
instrument compartment. Lower and latch probe
wheels, and wheel mounts have been removed
for shipment, reassemble the tester as follows: