their removal from the tester, in a manner simi-
lar to that used in testing a remote instrument.
Manifold Pressure Gage
Refer to the applicable technical manual for the
Fuel Pressure Gage
particular instrument for range of accuracy in
b. Repair. Accomplish repair of instruments
Remove, disassemble, clean, and inspect the
in accordance with the applicable technical man-
Repair of the reservoir consists primarily of the
uals for the part numbers as listed below.
replacement of defective parts as a consequence
of inspection and observance of function. Reas-
semble and install the reservoir as outlined in
Section V. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
98. CAPACITOR REPLACEMENT.
leads from terminals on transformer (46).
Remove electrolytic filter capacitor (2, figure
24) from chassis (20) for replacement as fol-
and screws (35), securing transformer (46) to
chassis (51), and remove transformer.
sition on chassis (51) and secure with screws
leads from terminals on capacitor (43).
(3) Remove nuts (39), terminal (40), and
(2) Solder wiring harness (4) leads to ter-
screws (41 ) securing bracket (44) and ground
leads to chassis (51).
(4) Remove capacitor and bracket assembly
(1) Insert a Variac or an equivalent varia-
(1) Place capacitor and bracket assembly
ble transformer in the primary circuit of the
sert screws (41), install ground leads and termi-
(2) Provide a test setup having a load suf-
nal (40), and secure with nuts (39).
ficient to cause a 2.2 ampere flow of current in
(2) Solder leads to terminals on capacitor
the secondary circuit.
(3) Check the voltage across the secondary
output. It should be approximately 26 volts.
100. MOTOR AND PUMP ASSEMBLY.
Remove, clean, and inspect motor and pump
inspected, replaced, and tested as follows:
as a guide, disassemble
perform the procedures which follow:
(1) Inspect transformer for signs of exces-
a. Inspection. At disassembly, inspect
sive heat such as melted solder or wax, burned
insulation, and odor of burned materials.
motor and pump assembly as follows:
(2) Check terminal to see that connections
leads and ground. Reading should be approxi-
(3) Check leads for shorted or bare wires.
mately 1.7 ohms.
b. Removal. If it is necessary to replace the
transformer, proceed as follows:
grounds, and shorts.
and other defects.