b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with cleaning solvent
a. Removal. It is necessary to remove the chas-
Federal Specification P-D-680 or equivalent,
and dry with a clean, lint-free cloth or clean, dry,
order to replace components that are on the
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, ex-
cessive wear, binding, and damaged threads.
(1) Disconnect all hose and tube assemblies
(3) Report all defective parts to higher au-
ponents that are mounted on the chassis.
c. Installation. Each of the case leak valves
(2) Unsolder electrical leads that are con-
similar manner as follows:
(1) Install elbows (20 and 21) on valve.
base (24). Identify leads to facilitate installa-
(2) Place valve and cap and chain assembly
(3) Remove mounting nut. (8) securing
(15) and spacers (19) in position on case (29)
power switch (9) to case (29) and remove
(4) Remove six screws (27) securing chas-
(3) Connect hose assemblies to elbows (20
sis assembly to tester case (29).