2-6. Direct Current Measurement
When measuring current, always con-
circuit under test. Be sure that the lead
polarity is observed (black-negative and
red-positive). Wrong connections may
more than 10 amperes.
a. Known Curret Measurement.
(1) Turn the FUNCTION switch to D C
(2) Plug the black test lead into the OHMS-
(3) If the current is known to be more than
2.5 amperes, but less than 10 amperes, plug the
red test lead into the +10 AMPS ONLY jack and
turn the range switch to the appropriate range.
(4) Connect the test lead prods to the points
in the circuit in which the current is to be
(5) Read the meter indication on the D C