TM 11-6625-539-14- 4
14. Lock washer
27. Lock washer
28. Flat washer
3. Accessory bracket assembly
16. Wire clip
29. Flat washer
17. Flat washer
30. Handle assembly
18. Flat washer
31. Handle clamp
6.I d e n t i f i c a t i o n plate
19. Battery contact
7. Captive screw
20. Battery contact
33. Lock washer
8. Preformed packing
21.Battery interconnecting lead
34. Flat washer
9. Flat washer
35. Rubber foot
10. Lock washer
36. Case gasket
11. Battery compartment cover
24. Catch strike
(6) To remove a defective handle assembly (30),
remove the four screws (25), nuts (26), lock washers (27),
(4) Inspect all molded plastic parts for cracks, distortion,
and flat washers (28) that secure the handle clamp (31) to
and loose or damaged threaded inserts. Replace damaged
the case; remove the clamp and handle assembly.
(7) If the rubber feet (35) are damaged, remove them
(5) Inspect catches for corrosion, difficult operation,
from the case.
distortion, and cracks; replace damaged catches.
(6) Inspect battery terminals for cracks, distortion,
(8) Remove the gasket (36) from the case.
corrosion, and bent or damaged springs. Remove light
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
corrosion with fine sandpaper. Re-place if defective.
(7) Inspect all other parts for cracks, distortion, and
(1) Clean the molded plastic parts with deter-gent and
other damage; replace all defective parts.
water. Remove any greasy or gummy deposits with a cloth
(8) Inspect the batteries for corrosion, leaks, bulging,
lightly dampened with MIL-PRF-680, TYPE IV. Wipe dry.
and other damage. Check battery output voltage; it must be
(2) Wipe the batteries with a clean, dry cloth.
1.5 volts. Replace defective or weak batteries.
Clean corroded terminal with fine sandpaper.
(3) Clean all remaining parts with MIL-PRF-680 type IV;
c. Reassembly. Reassemble the test set case as shown in
figure 7-3. Install the front panel assembly into the case
of Front Panel Assembly
Degreasing Solvents MIL-PRF-680 Type IV is combustible
and toxic to eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. Wear protective
gloves and goggles face shield. Avoid repeated or prolonged
contact. Use only in well-ventilated areas (or use approved
respirator as determined by local safety/industrial hygiene
personnel). Keep away from open flames or other sources of