Section IV. TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE OF
TEST SET, RADIO TS-1588(*)/AIC
(2) Replace the new knob on the shaft and
tighten the setscrews.
b. Removal and Replacement of Indicator Lamps.
Repair of the interphone test set at organizational
(1) Unscrew (counterclockwise) the glass indi-
level is limited to replacement of indicator lamps,
cater jewel assembly and remove it to expose the
fuses and knobs. Troubleshooting of the inter-
phone test set is accomplished by performing the
(2) Press in on the lamp and turn it coun-
terclockwise to unlock.
Corrective actions authorized are as follows:
(3) Remove the lamp from its lampholder.
a. If indicators do not light when indicated, check
(4) Insert the new lamp in the lampholder.
the lamp by depressing the PRESS TO TEST ring
(5) Push the lamp in and twist it clockwise to
on the lampholder. Lamp replacement instruc-
(6) Screw (clockwise) the glass indicator jewel
b. Check the fuse and replace if necessary if the
assembly into the lampholder.
OPERATE indicator does not light when the
c. Removal and Replacement of Fuses.
POWER-OFF switch is set to POWER.
(1) Press in on the fuse cap and turn it
c. Refer all other malfunctions to the next higher
category of maintenance.
(2) Remove the fuse cap and the fuse from its
(3) Insert the new fuse in the fuse cap.
Procedures for removal and replacement of knobs,
(4) Replace the fuse cap and fuse into its
lamps, and fuses are given in a through c below.
a. Removal and Replacement of Knobs.
(5) Press in on the fuse cap and turn it
(1) Loosen the setscrews on the knob and pull
clockwise to lock.
the knob from its shaft.