ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. PREPARATION FOR INSTALLATION,
STORAGE AND SHIPMENT
(2) Using a fork lift or suitable
hoist, carefully lower tester onto a suitable
This section provides a description of the
inspections, servicing, and preparations necessary
b. Unpacking. (Figure 3-1)
before the tester is placed in operation. When a
new or reconditioned tester is received, mainte-
(1) Remove teeter from packing
nance personnel must determine if the tester is
in condition to perform any mission within its
(2) Remove all barrier material and
intended capabilities. The failure to perform the
tape from tester.
initial inspections and servicing will affect the
(3) Unlatch and open door (16) of
future operation of the tester. For this reason,
cable storage compartment. Remove any packing
it is necessary to adhere closely to the following
material from inside cable storage compartment
and properly stow cables. Close and latch door.
The destruction of Army material shall be
(4) Unlatch and raise lid (5) of
accomplished in accordance with the technical
probe storage compartment (14). Remove any
manual covering the destruction of Army materi-
packing material from inside probe storage com-
al to prevent enemy use.
partment and properly stow heater probes. Lower
and latch lid.
3-2. Unloading and Unpacking Equipment.
(5) Unlatch and raise probe storage
compartment. Remove any packing material from
(1) Remove chock blocks and/or
instrument compartment. Lower and latch probe
lines which secure tester to its carrier.
Section Il. INSTALLATION
(1) Place support post (23) in posi-
of Separately Packed
tion on bottom of base assembly (31).
(2) Attach support post (23) to base
If the handle assembly, support post,
assembly (31) using screws (24) and locknuts
wheels, and wheel mounts have been removed
for shipment, reassemble the tester as follows:
c. Wheel Mounts. Install wheel mounts
a. Handle Assembly. Install handle as-
(28) as follows:
sembly as follows:
(1) Place wheel mounts (28) in po-
sition on bottom of base assembly (31).
(1) Place pivot sockets (4) on handle
(2) Attach wheel mounts (28) to
base assembly (31) using screws (29) and lock-
(2) Position handle assembly on test-
er by springing handle (1) over bolts (3).
d. Wheels. Install wheels (26) as fol-
(3) Install wing nuts (2) on bolts
(1) Place wheels (26) in position on
wheel mounts (28).
b. Support Post. Install support post (23)
(2) Secure wheels (26) on wheel
mounts (28) using retaining rings (27).