(1) First. Using the table of contents, deter-
mine the functional group within which the item
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are
prepared for functional groups and listings and
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent
National stock number or part number. This index
divided into the same groups.
is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
numbers in alphameric sequence, cross-
functional group to which the item belongs.
referenced to the illustration figure number and
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
and note the illustration figure and item number of
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
number, locate the figure and item number in the
repair parts list.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the figure and item number noted on the
b. When National stock number or part number