ponents can be tested in
d. Inspection and Testing.
place by isolating termi-
(1) Inspect terminal boards for
nals or leads of compo-
cracks, separation, and carbonized paths between
nent from the circuit to
elements or to chassis, and security of terminals
which they are connected
and testing with suit-
(2) Inspect for cold solder joints
able test equipment.
corrosion at all solder terminals.
(3) Inspect all components for dam-
(3) Remove remaining components
age and signs of overheating. Inspect compo-
as required by unsoldering wires and remov-
nents with leads (resistors, etc ) for corrosion at
ing attaching hardware.
point where leads join body.
(4) Inspect tube
and relay sockets
(1) Use a camel's hair or other suit-
for broken terminals and other damage. Inspect
able soft brush to remove dust and dirt from
for carbonized paths between terminals and be-
tween terminals and ground. Inspect for loose
(2) Use a cloth or swab dampened
or missing attaching hardware.
other approved solvent to remove adhering for-
(5) Test tubes, using a suitable tube