5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is
b. When National stock number or part number is
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine
Using the Index of National Stock
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
the functional group within which the item belongs.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for
stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN
functionsl groups and listings are divided into the same
sequence followed by a list of part numbers in alpha-
meric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
number and item number.
(2) S e c o n d . After finding the figure and item
functional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find
the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
(Next printed page is 4.)